Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How many times do I have to say YES?


I like to help people. And my daddy died of a heart attack. So when the American Heart Association called asking if I'd do the "Dear Neighbor Campaign," I said "yes." So, I mailed donations requests to my neighbors, went the extra mile with a short personal note, collected the donations, and returned them on time. (That's amazing if you know my schedule.) On the return form, there was a request, "Will you participate next year? It will save us time and expense if you say "yes" now." And, I marked "yes." That was February. Now it's April and I got a mailing thanking me for participating and asking if I'd agree to help in 2012.

Dilemma: I said yes once. Should I say yes again? Didn't they get the first yes? What happens if I don't return this yes or if I say no? I don't have time for this!! I marked the card "yes" and put it in the mail.

How many times do I have to say YES? Well, two so far. AHA, I'm counting.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I know about schedules! But you know what they say, 20% of the people do 80% of the work. :)

    ReplyDelete